Naviga nel sito della Scuola di Economia e Management

Studying foreign languages

Undergraduate degree programs of School of Economics include the study of at least one foreign language among English, German, French and Spanish. As for the Master of Science degree, three of these courses are entirely taught in English; for others, in almost all cases university provided study of a foreign language. On this page you will find information on courses and language tests.

Language courses that are taught in the first level (graduation) lead the student to a level of  language knowledge B1 to a B2. The courses offered in the various courses are aimed at students who already have knowledge of a foreign language equivalent to Level B1, required to attend language courses.


How to verify your language skills

Students can verify their language level at B1 (or higher) in the following way:

  • On the basis of marks obtained in English during High school studies;
  • certificate issued by the following institutes:
  1. English: PET/Cambridge; BEC Preliminary, Trinity GESE - Level 6; Trinity ISE -Level I; Trinity Skills for Life - Entry 3; Trinity Skills for Work - Entry 3; CCSE 1 (UCLES); CELS Preliminary (UCLES); Pitman - ESOL Intermediate; TOEFL – score of 160; IELTS – score of 5,0; TELC - Certificate in English B1; London Test of English – Level 2; Preliminary Certificate/Oxford.
  2. French: DELF B1
  3. German: Zertifikat Deutsch (Goethe-Institut, OSD and equivalent).
  4. Spanish: DELE Nivel B1 (Inicial) o DELE Nivel B2 (Intermediary).
  • Check with the University Language Centre (CLA) – section: 'Certificates of knowledge'
  • Self-assessment grid of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (pdf)
  • You can also see some useful sites for free online test, e.g.


Students who do NOT have the B1 level at the time of one of the degree courses at the School of Economics and Management, need to overcome this deficiency by taking recovery course (including those held in the University Language Centre - CLA)


Master of Science

The teaching of foreign languages provided for the Master of Science programs are aimed at students who already have an English equivalent to level B2 (see the self-assessment grid of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages). Students who do not possess this skill can attend courses at the university language centre (CLA) to achieve it.




I cookie di questo sito servono al suo corretto funzionamento e non raccolgono alcuna tua informazione personale. Se navighi su di esso accetti la loro presenza.  Maggiori informazioni